Entertainment

Alec Baldwin to hand over cell phone to authorities ‘this week’ in ‘Rust’ investigation, lawyer says

Alec Baldwin will hand over his cell phone to authorities later this week, his lawyer confirmed to Fox News Digital on Thursday.

“We made a deal last weekend with the Santa Fe Sheriff’s Office and the Santa Fe District Attorney’s Office, and Mr. Baldwin’s phone is turned over this week for review,” the attorney said. Civilian of Baldwin, Aaron Dyer of Pillsbury, Winthrop, Shaw, Pittman. Fox News digital.

“Since this tragic incident, Mr. Baldwin has continued to cooperate with the authorities, and any suggestion to the contrary is simply false,” he added. “We have asked the authorities to obtain a warrant so that we can protect his privacy on other matters unrelated to ‘Rust’ and we have been working on that process. We are finalizing the logistics with the authorities in New York who help in this matter. “

Alec Baldwin’s lawyer has confirmed that the actor will hand over his cell phone to authorities.
(Fox News digital)

Dyer’s confirmation comes the same day the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Department shared a press release claiming the phone had not been recovered.

“To date, the cell phone has not been handed over to the authorities,” the statement said.

The search warrant for the cell phone was approved by a Santa Fe County investigating judge on December 16. The senior detective in charge of the case served the warrant on Baldwin through his attorney via email and the attorney acknowledged it, according to the press release from the Sheriff’s Department.

ALEC BALDWIN’S MOBILE PHONE RECOVERY BECOMES THE TARGET OF THE NEW YORK, NEW MEXICO AUTHORITIES

After Baldwin did not immediately hand over the cell phone, the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Department sought help from the Santa Fe District Attorney’s Office and New York State authorities.

Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Department wants to look for Baldwin’s phone for any proof relating to the death of Halyna Hutchins. Baldwin was holding a gun as he rehearsed a scene from the indie film “Rust” on October 21 when the gun fired, killing Hutchins.

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

The Santa Fe County Sheriff's Department requested the cell phone in a search warrant.

The Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Department requested the cell phone in a search warrant.
(Fox News digital)

“Depositor seeks warrant for seizure and search of Alec Baldwins [sic] cell phone to seek any evidence relating to the investigation into the death of Halyna Hutchins, “said the affidavit, obtained by Fox News Digital.” The depositor believes there may be evidence on the phone due to ‘individuals using cell phones during and / or after the commission of a crime (s). “

“This information, if any, may be important and relevant to this investigation. The depositor was also informed that several emails and text messages had been sent and received regarding the production of the film ‘Rust’ during interviews.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Baldwin was holding a gun while rehearsing a scene from the indie film "Rust" on October 21, when the gun discharged, killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.

Baldwin was holding a gun as he rehearsed a scene from the indie film “Rust” on October 21 when the gun went off, killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.
(Mat Hayward / Getty Images for AMC Networks)

Dyer had previously claimed that the actor “proactively asked” that the police obtain a search warrant to “protect” himself and his family.

#Alec #Baldwin #hand #cell #phone #authorities #week #Rust #investigation #lawyer

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

five − one =