Megan Thee Stallion has canceled an upcoming gig in Houston following the tragedy that took place just weeks ago at Travis Scott’s Astroworld Festival.
The community of Houston, Texas was devastated with grief and unanswered questions after a wave of crowds left ten people dead at the Astroworld festival. Now, Grammy-winning artist “Savage” has announced that she will not be performing at an already scheduled show in order to let the city heal.
“Houston is still healing and it’s important that our community has time to mourn,” the Houston-born artist told Fox News Digital in a statement. “My heart goes out to all the families who are suffering during this difficult time.”
Representatives for the 26-year-old did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.
LIVE NATION FAILED ASTROWORLD CONCERTORES IN “EARN MONEY” EFFORT, LAWYER SAYS: LIVE UPDATES
According to The Houston Chronicle, Megan Thee Stallion was going to be one of the first to perform at Live Nation’s 713 Music Hall, which once housed the city’s huge Barbara Jordan post office.
This is not the first live event that has been affected by the tragedy. The Houston Open Concert Series, which was scheduled for November 11-14, has been canceled in light of the events of Astroworld.
MORE THAN 100 ASTROWORLD VICTIMS TRIAL FOR DEADLY TRAVIS SCOTT FESTIVAL: “A FAILURE OF EPIC PROPORTIONS”
Meanwhile, Billy Joel has announced a show scheduled for September 2022 at Minute Maid Park in Houston just before the Astroworld festival. However, after the influx of crowds and the deaths that followed grabbed national headlines, the singer announced that ticket sales would be delayed “out of respect.”
It is not yet known when tickets will go on sale.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER
Scott took the stage on November 5 at the NRG Park Hall where thousands of fans gathered to hear him and the other performers. However, the situation quickly turned dire when the crowds increased and people were allegedly trampled or trapped by each other with no possibility of making their way to an exit. Ten people died as a result of the incident and hundreds more were treated at the scene for various injuries.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Scott and Live Nation, who helped put the show together, have since been the subject of several lawsuits seeking redress for the way the concert was put together. Meanwhile, the artist is also facing criticism for not disrupting the concert in order to allow first responders to deal with the situation. Scott has previously said he has no idea how dangerous the conditions in the crowd have become from his vantage point on stage.
#Megan #Thee #Stallion #Cancels #Performance #Citing #Astroworld #Festival #Tragedy #Houston #Healing