Alec Baldwin gave his laptop to authorities, according to officials.
The cellphone has been turned over to Suffolk County authorities, the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to Fox News Digital on Friday. The department will gather the evidence over the phone and then forward the information to the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office.
Baldwin’s civil attorney, Aaron Dyer of Pillsbury, Winthrop, Shaw, Pittman, previously told Fox News Digital that the actor would hand over his phone this week.
“We reached an agreement last weekend with the Santa Fe Sheriff’s Office and the Santa Fe District Attorney’s Office, and Mr. Baldwin’s phone is being turned over this week for review,” Dyer told Fox News Digital Thursday.
“Since this tragic incident, Mr. Baldwin has continued to cooperate with the authorities, and any suggestion to the contrary is simply false,” he added. “We have asked the authorities to obtain a warrant so that we can protect his privacy on other matters unrelated to ‘Rust’ and we have been working on that process. We are finalizing the logistics with the authorities in New York who help in this matter. “
the mobile phone search warrant was approved by a Santa Fe County Magistrate Judge on Dec. 16. The lead detective assigned to the case served the warrant on Baldwin through his attorney via email and the attorney admitted it, according to the sheriff’s department news release.
After Baldwin did not immediately hand over the cell phone, the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Department sought help from the Santa Fe District Attorney’s Office and New York State authorities.
Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Department wants to look for Baldwin’s phone for any proof relating to the death of Halyna Hutchins. Baldwin was holding a gun as he rehearsed a scene from the indie film “Rust” on October 21 when the gun fired, killing Hutchins.
#Rust #shooting #investigation #Alec #Baldwin #surrendered #cellphone #authorities